Monday 11 May 2009

A very late update

Wow! I have so much to update but first I must explain what happened to me and my blog. Well me being the klutz that I accidentally deleted it. I mean seriously how stupid was that? Well anyway I finally figured out that it is possible to get your blog back!

Well I have alot to update on. First of all I'll recap on the potential issues that we had a few months ago and then I'll update on them. The first issue was that our 2 year mortgage deal comes to an end in May 09 and we could be in negative equity by then which means we wouldn't get a new mortgage deal. Our mortgage provider is Northern Rock and well we all know what's happened with them so that was a worry. We were worried the bank might just call in the mortgage and we'd be left homeless. Also job losses were announced at our company and we were both waiting to hear something.

So I can tell your dying to know what happened :)

Well first of all we couldn't remortgage as we didn't have enough equity in the house because of the huge price drops. We did have SOME equity but it was only like 1 or 2%. Our mortgage company would put us onto the standard variable rate but wouldn't offer us anything else. For now though that works out cheaper as the interest rate is so low right now. But now for the horrible part. Andy did lose his job in the redundancies. He is our chief income earner and we are now 70% less in income that this time last year. That is very worrying. He is applying for jobs like there's no tomorrow but nothing is coming up yet :(

Well now I have my blog back online I'll update more ofter. I might even do a little makeover on it :)

No comments: