Thursday 21 May 2009

Just when you're starting to feel a bit more positive....

A few people lately have been telling me that they've been reading or watching somewhere that the recession might be turning round now. Personally I have seen no evidence of this and I find it funny that these people are never able to cite specific sources....so I remain sceptical. But I must admit that despite Andy losing his job last month I have actually started to feel a bit more positive recently. But then I go and find articles like this that drag me back down to earth.

Personally I have a feeling that another million won't be made unemployed by the end of the year - but what do I know? If he is right though then that is very worrying especially for those of us who are lucky enough to still have a job in the automotive and manufacturing industry. We are a worldwide major company and have lost nearly a quarter of our workforce in the last 5 months and I just don't know how many more losses we can take before we end up not being a viable business any more. Sure I am so busy I'm meeting myself coming backwards but unfortunately that doesn't guarantee me a job will be there forever.

And another thing that is REALLY beginning to grate on me now is all the talk about the YOUNGER generation being so badly affected....seemingly much worse than any other group. Well personally I think that's a bunch of ********. For a start the very young people generally speaking don't have a mortgage and another thing they tend to be a cheaper workforce and at the moment that's a good thing. Try being older and experienced and nobody wants to pay your higher wage.....and yet your mortgage company still expects you to keep up with the mortgage payments. I dare say that many of the older newly redundant have paid their mortgage by now so maybe its those of us stuck in the middle....those of us with mortgages ....who are the ones that are really struggling. Its not rocket science.

1 comment:

Justine said...

I'm sorry. :( That's so frustrating.