Saturday 20 December 2008

Doom and gloom

All has been pretty quiet at work really save for the occasional rumour about whose for the chop. Well all that changed on 18th December when we got an email saying there are going to be 72 job losses at our site after Christmas. The unions are starting talks on 5th December and then we find out. We have heard a rumour that 67 are shop floor workers and 5 professional staff. I know it sounds terrible and I feel guilty for thinking it - but I hope that's right. And I hope I'm not one of the five. Hubby is worried sick about it and its so frustrating that I can't make that better for him :(

On saying all that my heart goes out to all those who have been affected by the credit crunch and those who will be. I wonder what kind of Christmas there having this year *grabs tissues*.

No comments: